If you are new to essential oils, or even if you have been using them with your family for years, there are so many essential oils tips and tricks you’ll learn as you transition to a chemical-free life. There is something about a home that smells good and is chemical-free!!
We have a collection of household recipes that will help you eliminate toxic chemicals and enjoy a safe, clean, all-natural home.
Add a few drops of your favorite aroma into the diffuser and start using your all-natural cleaning products…and who knows, maybe this will actually make cleaning fun!
How to use Essential Oils
1. Wear your Oils. Natural Wood beads are terrific for holding the scent of essential oils. You can add a couple of drops to your wooden bracelet or necklace for a day filled with diffused oils. If you don’t have wood beads, you can also use leather as a personal diffusing alternative
Roll it On. Do you struggle with the roller inserts and removing/adding them to bottles? Many a nail has been a victim of my oil obsession until I discovered this nifty trick. Use the lid to add/remove the roller inserts. Easy!
3. Diffuse as you drive. You can make a simple car diffuser from just a clothespin, hot glue and felted balls. Glue the balls onto your clothespin. Whenever your car smells musty drip a drop or two of essential oils onto the balls and then clip it over your air vent. Easy!
4. Don’t Waste an Empty Bottle. Inside the “empty bottles” are trace amounts of oil! Make the most of those bits and dump your bottles into a jar filled with epsom salts. The salts will absorb the oils – making a marvelous bath softener!
5. You can make rice socks (they double as heating pads if you microwave them) and scent them with oils!
6. Did you know that essential oils can cut through grease and oily stains faster than just about anything? I didn’t – check out this recipe for cleaning carpet stains. I am impressed.